Hamilton Airport is operated and managed by Waikato Regional Airport Ltd. The airport supports a number of regular public transport (RPT) services and a variety of general aviation (GA) activities. In the past ten years over one million passengers have flown internationally through Hamilton l Airport and over 2.7 million domestically.
Facts & Figures
|Airport Hours:||24 hours a day, seven days a week operation - no curfews|
|Traffic Control:||Services provided by Airways Corporation of New Zealand|
|Apron:||The main apron is capable of accommodating up to five A320/737/500 size aircraft, or limited numbers of 757/767/A310 aircraft by prior arrangement with airport operations.|
|Area of Airport:||262 hectares (includes leased grazing land)|
|IATA Certification:||Identified as HLZ|
|Location:||13km south of Hamilton City, car travel is 15-20 minutes|
|Passengers:||Servicing 290,000 passengers per year|
|Sealed Runways:||18L/36R 2,195m
|Grass Runways:||25L/07R 620m|
|Runway Strength:||The main runway has a strength (load classification number) of PCN45.|
Operational Change Notice
The operator of Hamilton Airport wishes to advise all residents living in the vicinity of Hamilton Airport that, at present and in accordance with the airport’s Noise Management Plan (NMP), circuit training must be completed by 10:00 pm.
Note that this restriction applies only to circuit training – aircraft may operate into/out of the airport after 10:00pm, abiding by the appropriate section of the NMP.
More detailed information on the operation of Hamilton Airport can be found in the Noise Management Plan by clicking here.
In December 2013, Waikato Regional Airport Limited concluded its consultation with substantial customers on aeronautical charges. As a result, the following charges are effective from 1 April 2014. All prices exclude GST.
|Landing Charges (from 1 April 2014)|
|Weight (kg) Bands||Fixed||MCTOW||Terminal||Runway Reseal|
|Per Landing||Per Tonne||Per Pax||Per Pax|
|1,000 - 3,000||$3.75||$9.43||$2.95||$0.943|
|30,000 - 70,000||$11.61||$2.95||$0.943|
1. PAX is the number of passengers in the aircraft and MCTOW is the aircraft maximum certified take-off weight.
2. The terminal charge and runway reseal charge is payable for both departing and arriving passengers and applies to all landings and take-offs involving scheduled and charter passenger flights.
3. Aircraft under 1 tonne pay a flat landing charge of $13.75 per landing.
4. Aircraft between 1 and 3 tonnes will be charged a $3.75 fixed component plus a variable $9.43 per MCTOW tonne component and, if applicable, a $2.95 passenger terminal component and $0.943 runway reseal charge (e.g. for a 2.5 tonne scheduled aircraft arriving at Hamilton Airport with 4 passengers the charge equals 3.75 + 2.5x9.43 + 4x2.95 + 4x0.943 = $42.90. Where the aircraft leaves Hamilton Airport with 4 passengers, there will be a further charge of 4x2.95 + 4x0.943 = $15.57).
5. Refer to commentary below for further information on the runway reseal charge.
Runway Reseal Charge
In April 2014 Waikato Regional Airport Limited commissioned a project for the resealing of the airport's main runway at $3.1m, and the cost of this project is recovered by way of a Runway Reseal Charge. The charge is reviewed annually with the next review due effective 1 July 2015, and the process for the review was set during consultation with substantial customers in 2013. The Runway Reseal Charge is currently set at 94.3 cents per passenger movement.
Aeronautical Conditions of Use
The Aeronautical Conditions of Use document sets out the terms and conditions under which you may use Hamilton Airport and the Facilities and Services at Hamilton Airport. By using Hamilton Airport or the Facilities and Services you agree to be bound by these Conditions of Use. A copy of the Conditions of Use can be downloaded by clicking here.