Location and Directions
Situated on State Highway 21 Hamilton International Airport is conveniently located 20 minutes south of Hamilton City's CBD (14kms).
Servicing the greater Waikato region, the airport is approximately 20 minutes from Cambridge and Te Awamutu, 40 minutes from Otorohanga, 60 minutes from Rotorua and 90 minutes from Tauranga.
Directions to Hamilton International Airport
South from Hamilton City:
- Follow State Highway 1 towards Cambridge.
- Take the Tamahere turn-off, and at the 1st roundabout take the 3rd exit, which takes you under the main road.
- Drive straight through the 2nd roundabout, heading west onto Airport Rd.
- Follow Airport Rd and the signs to Hamilton International Airport, which is situated on the right-hand side approximately 4.8kms from the Tamahere turn-off.
South West from Hamilton City:
- Take State Highway 3 along Ohaupo Rd towards Te Awamutu.
- Follow the airport signs along Ohaupo Rd out of the city and through Rukuhia until you come to the junction of State Highway 3 and State Highway 21 (approximately 3.8kms from Rukuhia).
- Turn left at the junction into Airport Rd (State Highway 21) and Hamilton International Airport is approximately 1.8kms along Airport Rd on the left hand side.
Drivers advised to allow extra travel time to and from the airport as safety improvements made at SH3/Raynes Road intersection
Travellers on State Highway 3 just south of Hamilton – especially those heading to the airport – are being warned to factor in extra travel time while a major roading project is under way from 2 March 2015... Read More