Waikato Regional Airport Limited (“Hamilton Airport”, “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the privacy principles in the Privacy Act 1993 (“Act”).
Hamilton Airport collects, holds and uses personal information from members of the public, customers, business relations and employees for lawful purposes connected with a function or activity carried out by Hamilton Airport.
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, so we will not provide your information to any third parties except;
- To comply with any legislative requirements;
- By court order or demand of a regulatory authority;
- To defend against legal claims;
- Otherwise as permitted by the Act.
Complaints about a breach of the privacy principles in the Act should be directed to Hamilton Airports Privacy Officer (who is also Hamilton Airport’s Finance Manager). The Privacy Officer has statutory obligations to:
- Deal with requests for access to and/or correction of personal information;
- Ensure Hamilton Airport complies with the privacy principles in the Act;
- Work with the Privacy Commissioner on any investigation into Hamilton Airport.
Hamilton Airport operates video surveillance cameras (“CCTV”). All CCTV surveillance relates to the following safety and security issues:
- To aid in a more effective assessment and response to unlawful acts of interference including security, safety and emergency situations;
- Assists in the prevention and detection of acts of unlawful interference against aviation;
- Reduce acts of unlawful interference with aviation by deterring potential offenders through fear of detection;
- Assist New Zealand government and law enforcement agencies with the detection and identification of offenders.
From time to time Hamilton Airport receives requests from other parties to view surveillance footage and we only provide access to such footage in circumstances where the Act permits us to do so.
Collection and use of personal information
We are permitted by the Act to collect your personal information as follows:
- Directly from you when you deal with us by telephone, by correspondence through a letter, fax or email, via our Website, by filling in an online form;
- The recording of your image on CCTV footage;
- The recording of calls to certain airport operations and security telephone lines for security and/or safety purposes;
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information is protected against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure and other misuse.
We may use your personal information as follows:
- To provide you with services to help us develop our Website;
- To ensure our business systems are functional and reliable
- To conduct marketing activities including market research, customer profiling and targeted marketing activities;
- To enforce a contract or agreement which Hamilton Airport has with you;
- To notify you of services, special offers, opportunities, products or benefits which are being offered by Hamilton Airport or any of our tenants or associated organisations.
Hamilton Airport will respond to any request by an individual to access and correct personal information as soon as possible following receipt of such request. All requests of this nature should be directed to the Privacy Officer in the first instance. We reserve the right to require payment of our reasonable costs in relation to the access to and correction of certain information.
If you would like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected please contact our privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or (07) 8489027 or Waikato Regional Airport Limited, Airport Road, RD 2, Hamilton 3282, New Zealand.
You can disable your web browser from accepting cookies, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.