COVID-19: information for Hamilton Airport users
At 11.59pm on Thursday, 7 October, Hamilton Airport moved to Alert Level 3.
What does this mean for Hamilton Airport users?
- Our airport is closed to the public, other than for essential travel.
- If you are visiting our terminal, please enter through the sign-posted entry door, and use the COVID tracing app to scan the barcodes situated around the terminal and on your travels.
- Please observe social distancing protocols of 2 metres.
- Under all alert levels, you are required to wear a face mask onboard the plane and on all public transport. Under Alert Level 3, you must wear a mask while in the terminal. It is recommended you wear a mask at all times in public.
- Propeller Airport Cafe is closed until we return to Alert Level 2.
- Parking - you can cancel or amend your parking booking through the ‘Manage my Booking’ function on our website. Please note, if have any issues, you can contact us here and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Stay safe everyone. If you require further information, please visit the government’s COVID website here. **
Alert Level 3 precautions and information:
- Face masks/coverings are currently required on all domestic flights in New Zealand.
- Face masks/coverings must be worn inside the terminal at all times.
- Physical distancing conventions must be followed – these are communicated through posters, digital and physical signage at the airport.
- Please use the hand sanitiser dispensers that are placed around the terminal.
- We have a robust cleaning and sanitising process – particularly around high touch areas such as check-in counters, touch screens, hand rails, door handles etc. Of course it is important you take care of your own personal hygiene as well, so please:
- Wash your hands well
- Sanitise often
- Avoid touching your face
- Cough/sneeze into your elbow
- Practice physical distancing
For more information: