COVID-19: information for Hamilton Airport users
At 11.59pm on 23 January 2022, New Zealand moved to RED under the COVID-19 Protection Framework (Traffic Light System).
What does this mean for Hamilton Airport users?
- Our airport is open to the public, and planes are going out as scheduled.
- When visiting our terminal, please use the COVID tracing app to scan the barcodes situated around the terminal and on your travels.
- Vaccination certificates are not mandatory when visiting our terminal. All passengers aged 12 years and older travelling domestically must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a negative test taken within 72 hours of departure. Proof of either of these will need to be provided before check-in. Find out more here.
- Under the RED setting you are required to wear a face mask onboard the plane and on all public transport. You must also wear a mask while in the terminal and it is recommended you wear a mask at all times in public.
- Propeller Airport Cafe is open. Our hours are 8.15am to 5.00pm. Outside of these hours, we have a coffee cart onsite for your coffee and food needs. You are not required to wear a face mask when seated in the cafe, however at all other times you are required to do so. We appreciate your co-operation.
- Our Terminal Resilience Project is underway, and you will see some evidence of this within the terminal. Construction means we have to do things a little differently in terms of Check In and Arrivals/Departures. Visit here for details.
If you require further information, please visit the government’s COVID website here. **
COVID-19 precautions and information:
- Face masks/coverings are required on all domestic flights in New Zealand. Please refer to your airline for their protocols regarding domestic travel under the COVID-19 Protection Framework.
- Face masks/coverings must be worn inside the terminal at all times.
- Physical distancing conventions must be followed – these are communicated through posters, digital and physical signage at the airport.
- Please use the hand sanitiser dispensers that are placed around the terminal.
- To keep everyone safe, please do not travel, or enter our terminal if you are feeling unwell, are being tested for COVID-19 or if you need to self-isolate.
- We have a robust cleaning and sanitising process – particularly around high touch areas such as check-in counters, touch screens, hand rails, door handles etc. Of course it is important you take care of your own personal hygiene as well, so please:
- Wash your hands well
- Sanitise often
- Avoid touching your face
- Cough/sneeze into your elbow
- Practice physical distancing
We advise regularly checking our website and the COVID-19 Traffic Light Protection Framework for up to date information as these can be subject to change.
For more information: