Hamilton Airport car park
- Situated directly outside the main terminal - just a short walk to check-in.
- Long and short-term parking and pricing options available.
- Fully automated, with 24/7 access.
- Safe and secure with 24/7 CCTV monitoring, regular security patrols and fully lit at night. *
- Payment by cash, VISA debit/credit card and Mastercard.
Option 1: turning up on the day (drive-up) customer
How much does it cost to park at Hamilton Airport?
(All fees are in NZ$)
|Less than 15 minutes||Free|
|15 minutes to one hour||$3|
|Hourly charge thereafter||$3|
|Maximum daily charge:|| $20 (per 24 hours)|
|Maximum monthly charge:||$95 (one entry, one exit)|
|Lost ticket fee:||$95 (minimum)|
Parking entry instructions for turning up on the day:
- When you drive up to the entry the system will read your licence plate and the barrier will automatically open.
- Should the barrier not open, please use the intercom (depicted by a telephone) for manual assistance.
Paying for parking
There are two ways to pay for parking at the airport:
- You can use the Pay Station before you get into your vehicle. Enter your licence plate on the touchscreen at the Pay Station and follow the onscreen prompts to pay for your parking. The Pay Station is located undercover, just in front of the terminal. You can pay with cash, eftpos, or credit card. If you pay for your parking at our Pay Station the exit barrier arms will recognise your licence plate and lift automatically.
- You can also pay directly at the exit barrier arm - LPR will read your licence plate and display the charge onscreen. Follow the onscreen instructions to pay with payWave or insert your credit card.
Option 2: booking online
You can save by booking online!
The earlier you book, the more you can save. By booking online 30 days in advance you can save up to 50% on the cost of parking.
What are my online parking options?
- Park and Save
- Weekend Special
- Super Saver
- Long term parking
(Terms and conditions apply)
Please note: we only allocate a certain number of car park spaces for online bookings. If the online booking system indicates they are sold out, you can still turn up at the airport on the day of departure and there will be parking available.
- When you drive up to the entry the system will recognise your licence plate and link it to your online booking. The barrier will automatically open.
- Should the barrier not open, please use the intercom (depicted by a telephone) for manual assistance.
- At exit the system will recognise your licence plate and lift automatically. If the arm is up – you are good to go! Or, if you still have an outstanding parking charge, you can pay with your credit card or payWave at the barrier arm. Press the intercom if you need help with exiting the car park.
How do I make a booking?
There are six simple steps to a successful car park booking:
- Click here to access the online parking portal.
- Select your date and time details on the parking tab and select "Get Quote".
- Select the parking option that best suits you.
- Complete your personal details (including the licence plate number of the vehicle you will arrive in).
- Complete your payment details.
- Print out your booking confirmation.
How many entries and exits does my booking allow?
All car park bookings allow one entry and one exit. If your flights are amended once you have entered the car park, you will be unable to leave and re-enter on the same booking, regardless of whether you are inside your booking period or not.
What happens if my licence plate is not read at entry?
In some isolated instances your licence plate may not be read correctly by the car park licence plate cameras. Often this is due to the licence plate being dirty or damaged. If there is an issue with the licence plate system, please use the intercom for assistance.
What happens if my licence plate is not read at exit?
In some isolated instances your licence plate may not be read correctly at the exit barrier. Often this is due to the licence plate being dirty or damaged. If you arrive at the exit and the barrier does not open, follow the prompts on the screen. If you are unsure about the prompt, please press the intercom for assistance. For after-hours assistance, please phone the after-hours number provided on our signage.
Is a booking charge applied to my order?
No additional booking charge or credit card charge is applied to bookings made via the online parking portal.
How far ahead can I book?
You may book up to 12 months ahead of your travel date, subject to availability.
Can I book at short notice?
Yes. You can make a booking up to 60 minutes prior to your arrival time. However, please be aware there are a limited number of discounted parks available, so it pays to book in advance where possible. If the online booking system indicates they are all sold out, you can still turn up to the car park and there will be spaces available for public parking at the rates outlined on the tariff board at entry.
How are parking charges calculated?
Pre-booked car park prices are calculated on a 24-hour period or part thereof. The number of days charged for when you pre-book is calculated based on the times and dates you select when making your booking.
What payment methods are accepted at the time of booking online?
Hamilton Airport accepts the following cards: VISA and MasterCard.
What is Manage my Booking?
This service enables you to amend or cancel your booking online up to 24 hours prior to arrival. You can amend all your details including vehicle licence plate details and dates for your parking at Hamilton Airport for all parking options, except bookings that are non-flexible (special offers such as Weekend Special or Supersaver).
How do I know my booking has been placed?
Shortly after making your booking you will receive an email with a booking reference number confirming all your details. You should retain a copy of the email and bring it with you to the airport. You can also view your booking by simply clicking on "Manage my Booking". All bookings are made subject to our Online Booking Terms and Conditions.
Why can't I access the $29 weekend special?
There are a limited number of car spaces available at this rate. If spaces are available, the option will be presented to you at the time of booking. This offer may not be used in conjunction with any other parking products. To take advantage of this special offer, your entry into the car park must be after midnight Thursday and your exit, prior to midnight Monday, in accordance with your booking period.
What if I need to amend my booking?
You may amend your booking up to 24 hours before the start of the booking at no charge. The simplest way is to click on the "Manage my Booking" on your confirmation email.
What if I need to cancel my booking?
You can cancel your booking up to 24 hours prior to your scheduled departure time at no charge. The simplest way is to click on the "Manage my Booking" on your confirmation email.
What if my flight is delayed, cancelled or if I miss my flight?
We do not offer refunds for cancelled flights, as this is beyond airport management control. Please check with your insurance provider or the airline to determine whether you are entitled to any form of reimbursement.
In exceptional circumstances, where you are otherwise unable to cancel or amend your booking, or you have incurred extra charges, we may offer a refund, less an administrative charge of $15, at our discretion and on a case-by-case basis.
How do I apply for a refund?
To apply for a refund, please complete our online refund application form. A member of our staff will be in contact within 1-2 business days.
What if I forget or lose my booking confirmation?
If you do not have your booking confirmation, you are still able to enter and exit the car park through licence plate recognition. Alternatively, you can have a new booking confirmation resent by clicking "Manage my Booking" button on your confirmation email and selecting "resend my itinerary".
What is "Display Previous Bookings"?
This allows you to view the recent bookings you have made by creating an online booking account. For information on how to create your own account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens if I want to bring a different vehicle (different licence plate number) to the one confirmed on my booking?
If you are going to use a different vehicle (licence plate number) to the one detailed on your booking, you can amend this within 24 hours of your entry time. Simply click on the “Manage my Booking” on your confirmation email. Should your plans change on the day, please use the intercom (depicted by a telephone) on entry, and we will manually link your licence plate to your online booking.
If you do not amend your booking and enter and exit the car park using a different vehicle (licence plate number), you will be charged on exit at the rates displayed on the tariff board at entry to the car park.
What if I enter the car park prior to my confirmed booking time, or exit the car park later than my confirmed booking time?
This depends on how early or late you are. There is a short grace period either side of your booking to account for this, however:
- If you arrive too early your booking will not be activated, and you will be considered a "drive up" customer. Your licence plate will still be recognised, and you will be given entry to the car park, however you will have to pay again on exit by credit card. If this happens, please press the intercom for assistance.
- If you leave the car park too late you will be asked to pay for the additional time you have overstayed at the exit barrier by inserting a credit card to make payment for the additional time spent in the car park.
What facilities are available for special assistance customers?
Whilst our car park has several accessible spaces available for Mobility Card Holders, unfortunately you are unable to reserve any specific space via the online booking system.
How do I provide feedback?
We are committed to the highest standards of customer care. If you would like to provide us with feedback on any aspect of the service you receive, please contact us by e-mail here.
I have another question, not listed on here
You can contact us on +64 7 848 9027 or email us here.
How can I contact you?
If you have any queries, please contact:
Telephone: (07) 848 9027 or email: email@example.com
Address: Hamilton Airport, Airport Road, RD2, Hamilton 3282, New Zealand