Hamilton Airport collects, holds and uses personal information from members of the public, customers, business relations and employees for lawful purposes connected with a function or activity carried out by Hamilton Airport.
Collection and use of personal information
We collect the following personal information either directly from you when you deal with us by telephone, in person, use our services, by correspondence through a letter, fax or e-mail, via our website or by filling in an online form;
- your name, contact details, date of birth, flight and booking details, passport details, driver licence number, credit card details;
- your location and movements in public areas of the airport and its close surroundings, (via CCTV footage);
- your vehicle licence plate number;
- your conversations with our staff, agents or other persons, which may be recorded;
- your e-mail communications, and your written and verbal interactions with us or our agents;
- your number of visits to the airport;
- your image (via photograph or film) as you move around our property;
- your travel destination or preferred destinations;
- your use of our social media platforms; and
- your preferences concerning types of products or services.
- To provide you with services to help us develop our website;
- To ensure our business systems are functional and reliable;
- To conduct marketing activities including market research, customer profiling and targeted marketing activities;
- To enforce a contract or agreement which Hamilton Airport has with you;
- To notify you of services, special offers, opportunities, products or benefits which we are any of our tenants or associated organisations are offering;
- For safety and security purposes;
- For security purposes and to improve our, or our commercial partners', services by using monitoring and tracking technologies in relation to our online services and properties; or
- To conduct market research and to promote and market our, or our commercial partners', products and services.
Sharing of personal information
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, so we will not provide your information to any third parties except;
- our contractors (for the purposes of the services they provide);
- to comply with any legislative requirements;
- by court order or demand of a regulatory authority;
- to defend against legal claims;
- our authorised business partners and related third parties;
- those entities involved in providing, managing or administering your product or service;
- organisations we sponsor and loyalty program partners, including organisations that we have an arrangement with to jointly offer products;
- service providers that maintain, review and develop our business systems, procedures and technology infrastructure, including testing or upgrading our computer systems;
- payment system organisations;
- organisations that assist with our product planning, analytics, research and development;
- organisations involved in a transfer of our assets or business;
- mailing houses and media organisations who assist us to communicate with you, including media or social networking sites;
- other organisations involved in our normal business practices, including our agents and contractors, as well as our accountants, auditors, lawyers or other external advisors; or
- otherwise as permitted by the Act.
Hamilton Airport operates video surveillance cameras (“CCTV”). All CCTV surveillance relates to the following safety and security issues:
- To aid in a more effective assessment and response to unlawful acts of interference including security, safety and emergency situations;
- Assists in the prevention and detection of acts of unlawful interference against aviation;
- Reduce acts of unlawful interference with aviation by deterring potential offenders through fear of detection;
- Assist New Zealand government and law enforcement agencies with the detection and identification of offenders.
From time to time Hamilton Airport receives requests from other parties to view surveillance footage and we only provide access to such footage in circumstances where the Act permits us to do so.
Protection of personal information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information is protected against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure and other misuse. Communications over the internet, such as emails, are not secure, unless they have been encrypted. We may and we may allow third parties to monitor our network for security and data assurance purposes.
When interacting with Hamilton Airport through intermediaries such as social media platforms, these platforms may collect or retain information in addition what Hamilton Airport can collect, protect or control. Additionally, Hamilton Airport cannot provide protections or control over any personal information you supply to third party websites that you may access or be re-directed to from our website.
Correction of personal information
Hamilton Airport will respond to any request by an individual to access and correct personal information as soon as possible following receipt of such request. All requests of this nature should be directed to the Privacy Officer in the first instance. We reserve the right to require payment of our reasonable costs in relation to the access to and correction of certain information.
Refusing to provide personal information
You can choose not to give us your personal data. However, if you do not provide your information to us, we may not be able to:
- provide you with the product or service you want;
- respond to your requests;
- manage or administer your product or service;
- personalise your experience with us; or
- verify your identity or protect against fraud.
You can disable your web browser from accepting cookies, please visit
Complaints about a breach of the privacy principles in the Act should be directed to Hamilton Airports Privacy Officer (who is also Hamilton Airport’s Finance Manager). The Privacy Officer has statutory obligations to:
- Deal with requests for access to and/or correction of personal information;
- Ensure Hamilton Airport complies with the privacy principles in the Act;
- Work with the Privacy Commissioner on any investigation into Hamilton Airport.
If you would like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected or exercise your right to restrict our use of your personal data please contact our privacy officer at
or (07) 8489027
or Waikato Regional Airport Limited, Airport Road, RD 2, Hamilton 3282, New Zealand.